Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Haunting Melody of ‘sealed with a kiss’

It was by sheer accident that I stumbled upon this oldie song. I happened to buy a compilation album – of greatest country hits – from a music store recently. I am familiar with few of the songs in the album but when the CD player reached this track and started playing ‘sealed with a kiss’, my heart was immediately filled with a sharp sense of melancholy.

The tune was just haunting to start with and the song started lingering in my head for a long time since the track was over. Although I haven’t been in a similar situation described in the song and has never heard this one before I still felt nostalgic.

Surprisingly, a brief research on youtube.com presented me with the song’s original video. I also found out that my compilation album had only the cover version and the original was sung by Brian Hyland.

Take a peek at the video in the link given below with speakers / head phones on. Do let me know if (that) you liked it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xIkUiD8N81k

1 comment:

Grandiloquence said...

You bought this CD - ha ha?