Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Horoscope validation – Do these forecasts make any sense?

“Talking to people with experience may seem the logical thing to do but expect someone to brag and embellish, leading you astray. Rather than basing a decision on hearsay, stick to the truth and the facts.” – announced my horoscope this morning.

Although I am not the type who – first thing in the morning – look up at my everyday horoscope to plan my day accordingly, I accidentally stumbled upon my today’s horoscope. Courtesy, the intranet site at my workplace. Now that I have been predicted with my day’s outcome, I decided to check on it to know if that had a fraction of truth in it.

Frankly, I have nothing against horoscopes or predictions of this kind. In fact, I believe that the prediction of one’s personality based on their sun signs (Linda Goodman’s is the best example) is rather true than the ones being predicted on an everyday basis. I mean can/will somebody sit and predict what the day would be like for all the twelve signs? If yes, can they be trusted upon? I had these and numerous questions of this kind while I pondered the topic.

Meanwhile, my today’s forecast seemed to be very generic on a broader aspect. That seemed to be an advice rather than a forecast of any kind. Have I had the necessity to speak to an experienced ‘individual’ yet today? And the second line is more of a counsel than the first one. Stick to the truth and facts and do not take a decision based on hearsay – an advise worth considering when encountered with mission-critical decision making.

It’s 4.00 in the evening and I’m fretting over the silly fact that my today’s horoscope forecast has not been of any effect to me. Well the advices? Not a need today to be put use to.

Something in me tells me -- there are worthier topics to write and post. There aren’t any shortfall for topics - Nemesis’ docking at the Chennai harbor, probe into Shekawat’s alleged favoritism to withdraw an FIR on his name, publicity stunt and the lucrative money deals in selecting the new 7 wonders, and the monsoon rains that lash Maharashtra and Gujarat.

However, I convince myself saying that it is okay to be negligent today. I begin to think - Am I taking the second part of my horoscope forecast way too seriously?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

cool thougts! i also look at my horoscope...especially when m bored.. and sometimes wonder how will life work if someone was able to predict what the next moment will be!