After a little gyaan from a senior colleague whose trite but meaningful ‘appreciate and be thankful for what you got rather than whining for what you don’t’ advice, I decided to really appreciate what I got. As clichéd as it might sound, the feeling is capable of generating some good vibes, I found out.
So I decided to jot down a little of list of things that I immediately need to appreciate:
• My very existence and the plain fact that I’m physically able and mentally sane (!)
• My sarcasm…!
• My very few but abundantly loving friends
• Mom’s dosas - It amazes me how she batters up using different flours in varying consistencies for dosas ranging from crisp to soft ones
• The Internet for having made the world accessible at the expense of a few keyboard taps
• Free online music and movies
• The internet radio that I discovered recently that is super cool and plays all the latest tracks
• Of course my job
PS: But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t just appreciate the Chennai weather. It remains just as oppressive!